Development and promotion of a market cultural-tourist product in the municipality of Targovishte
Presentation: BG 0102.03-0006 (1,84 MB)
The project BG 0102.03-0006 aims at sustainable development of the tourism in the municipality of Targovishte through creation and elaboration of a market-oriented product, namely cultural tourism, based on the cultural and historical heritage and the wine traditions of the region.
The state of the existing tourist infrastructure has been improved, indicative and informative marking has been performed.
Museum complex in the Varosha living quarter - "St. st. Sedmochislenitsi”.
- New tourist products have been developed based on the authenticity and the uniqueness of the cultural and historical heritage of the municipality of Targovishte, as well as on the wine-growing traditions.
The base of the newly-established tourist products is as follows: Targovishte historical quarter “Varosha”, preserving the typical style of the Bulgarian National Revival, the museum complex in the town of Targovishte, the castle “Krumovo Kale (Missionis), the Byzantine basilica and Apolon sanctuary near the village of Draganovets, LVK Vinprom AD -Targovishte, winery “Slancheva dolina” – village of Nadarevo, vineyards near the village of Kralevo.
- A visitors centre has been established, which will function as a structure for integrated management of the entire destination.
- The destination will be promoted at domestic and international markets through the already produced full range of advertising materials – printed advertisements, video clip and film, CD, web site, participation in tourist fairs and exhibitions, tours for journalists and tour-operators.
A guide for the destination, brochures for St.St. Sedmochislenitsi School, Ethnographic exhibition, Numismatic collection, wines from the region of Targovishte, the events from the cultural calendar of Targovishte, as well as a catalogue of the Archaeological exhibition and catalogue “The Aquarelles of Prof. Nikola Marinov” have been created. The first advertisement was realized at the fairs in Madrid and London.
- Training of 30 persons engaged in tourist services sector was carried on in the following modules: business communications, cultural heritage, marketing in the tourism, museums and museum management, tourist animation and attractions, tourist business, tourism promotion.
- The preliminary preparation for applying for the certificate ISO 9001-2000 (international standard for quality management) has been accomplished through the elaboration of a Manual for quality management, of procedures, instructions, other system documentation and annual audit plan (training for experts and internal auditors has been provided)
A system for information management has been developed and implemented in the Visitors centre and also a training of experts has been conducted.
- Development of a modern tourist infrastructure
- Improvement of local tourist market conditions
- Preservation of the cultural heritage of the region through tourism
- Creation of steady employment in the tourist sector
- Creation of new opportunities for investing in the tourist sector as well as encouragement of investment initiatives
- Implementation of successful models and good practices in the tourist sector
- Working Visitors centre
Contemporary tourist infrastructure of a good quality
Steady employment opportunities for qualified human resources in the sector of tourism
Preservation of the cultural heritage of the region through tourism
Development of the tourism as an economic sector
Establishment of partners networks for professionals from the tourist sector